[vc_row tm_bgimagefixed=”” el_class=”custom-inside”][vc_column][vc_row_inner el_class=”custom-inside”][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
Location: Raleigh, NC 27607
Shift: Day Job
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Position summary:
This position is a lead technical support role working with a team of Help Desk Technicians, Desktop onsite Technicians and Network Engineers. This role may participate in pre-sale activities in support of server and storage solutions as well as back end technical support.
This position requires excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Extensive experience deploying, maintaining, and customizing Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Azure and Office365 environments
- Experience implementing and maintaining SAN
- Printer management
- Implementation of computer, network, storage, and managed services
- Design, implementation, and upkeep of client networks
- Tier II and III remote user support
- Experience implementing and maintaining VMware environments
- Create and maintain client documentation
- Interact with client’s personnel to ensure smooth operations
- Monitor system performance to prevent slowdown and downtime
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to Helpdesk staff
- Maintain ongoing communications with support staff and client regarding application issue resolutions
- Work with support staff for custom software that clients run in their environment
- Be able to effectively take client technical priorities and design reliable, high quality solutions
- Able to work from oral and written instructions, make decisions independently, and take responsibility for them
- Able to handle multiple priorities, work accurately, work under pressure, and respond quickly to tight deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products, and services
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MSP experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience with a strong understanding of computer, server, backup / replication, virtualization, and network infrastructure
- Experience with remote monitoring and management tools, preferably SolarWinds
- Ability to manage a variety of IT infrastructures including Switches, Storage devices, Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Workstations, and mobile devices.
- Cloud- Azure & O365 (migration & management experience preferred)
- SAN/Storage- Dell preferred
- Microsoft- Exchange, Active Directory, and Terminal servers.
- Networking – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLAN, IPSEC and SSL VPN, Firewalls and Wireless networks- Meraki preferred.
- Microsoft, Hyper-V and VMware infrastructure experience
- Understanding of IT security and best practices